Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Oh my goodness... a new post, can you believe it?!

It's amazing the lengths I'll go to to avoid doing housework and other things that I should be doing.  I'll obviously even go as far as bringing back from the dead this tired old blog.  I highly doubt that anyone even reads it anymore, but I still look at it daily to get to my friends' blogs so it could use a  face lift of sorts.

Life is going relatively well here in Coos Bay.  Dan recently had some staffing changes at work that will be a huge moral booster for him and make his overall work environment much healthier and more positive.  I think ultimately these changes might make it more plausible that we stick around in Coos Bay for the indefinite future.  We've thrown around the idea of purchasing a home here, but ultimately decided (due mostly to our lack of funds and excessive school debt) that renting is our best option for a while.

The kids are enjoying school, it's been a fast school year.  I can't believe that Emme is going to be a 5th grader and that Leona will be starting kindergarten.  It's super cliche, but crazy how fast time really does go.

We recently bought a trampoline (thanks to my 5K win) and the kiddos have spent every spare second that they can on it.  Even Euan is a big fan.

Today is super rainy and cold.  I don't mind the rain, sometimes I even look forward to it, but on days like today I have trouble finding my motivation.  More than anything I'd just like to curl up in my jammies with a good book and some hot chocolate and forget that I'm responsible for anything.

2 comments:

  1. I check this at least once a day! Don't give it up. I was sitting here with a cup of hot chocolate and trying to find an excuse not to pack one more box. Commenting on here gave me a few minutes break. If you are bored you can come help us load a truck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hi! Go Ducks!!